Cherry Pop Tarts
- 1 c. Krusteaz Pie Crust Mix
- 2-3 tb. Cold water
- ½ c. Fresh Cherries
- 1 tb. Granulated sugar
- ½ c. L.A. Farm Girl’s Cognac & Vanilla Cherry Jam
- Heat oven 375-degrees
- Mix fresh cherries, sugar and jam in a bowl and let sit to macerate
- Stir piecrust mix and cold water, adding 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Mix with a fork until dough begins to form, and then form into a ball.
- Wrap in saran and chill for ½ hour.
- Roll out dough onto floured surface to 1/8- inch thick
- Cut into squares or rectangles with a cookie cutter
- Spoon 1-2 tablespoons on bottom side of the dough square or rectangle.
- Brush bottom dough edges lightly with water and top with other dough shape.
- Using a fork, crimp dough edges to seal, poke tops with a fork to vent.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool before serving.
Bourbon & Vanilla Berry Yogurt Pops
- Mix yogurt and milk in a bowl.
- Begin filling the popsicle molds in layers beginning with the yogurt mixture – yogurt, jam, cracker crumbs and repeat.
- Freeze overnight.
- To release the pops from the molds, run warm water over the outside of the molds 20-30 seconds.
Southern-style Peach Cobbler
- 2 c. Fresh sliced peaches
- 1 c. Granulated Sugar
- ¼ c. Brown Sugar
- 4 oz. water
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- ¾ c. Self-rising flour
- ¾ c. Buttermilk
- 1 tb. Almond liqueur
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Nutmeg
- ½ c. L.A. Farm Girl’s Peach Cobbler Jam, plus enough to glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, liqueur, nutmeg, brown sugar, ½ c. granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, jam and water. Mix together.
- Put the butter in an 8x8-inch baking pan and place in the oven to melt until begins to brown.
- In a separate bowl combine, flour, remaining granulated sugar and milk.
- Pour mixture over melted butter – don’t stir.
- Then, carefully spoon fruit mixture and its juice onto the batter.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until brown. The batter will rise over the fruit during baking. After you remove the cobbler from the oven, glaze the top with L.A. Farm Girl's Peach Cobbler Jam and lightly sprinkle with sea salt.
- Serve will a scoop of vanilla ice cream
Roasted Corn with Habanero Honey
Adapted from Bon Appetit, August 2011
- 6 ears of sweet yellow corn, unhusked
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 cup grated Manchego cheese or Cotija
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced chives
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 2 oz. L.A.. Farm Girl's Habanero Honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°. Roast unhusked corn on a baking sheet, turning occasionally, until heated through and crisp-tender, about 15 minutes. Let cool. Shuck corn and cut kernels from cobs. Discard cobs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add corn kernels and sauté until heated through and light-golden in spots, 3-5 minutes. Add butter; stir until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer corn to a large wide bowl or deep platter; sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes and drizzle L.A. Farm Girls's habanero honey over. Squeeze lime wedges over; sprinkle with cheese, chives, and lime zest.
Purchase a bag of Trader Joe’s Roasted Corn – follow their heating directions
- Then, Transfer corn to a large wide bowl or deep platter; sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes and drizzle habanero honey over. Squeeze lime wedges over; sprinkle with cheese, chives, and lime zest.